The Austin College Athletic Training Staff would like to welcome you and your staff to Sherman, Texas; home of the Kangaroos. The information below will provide you with everything you need in regards to facilities, services, supplies, and medical staff available during your visit to the Austin College campus.
The Austin College Athletic Training Room is located in the Northwest corner of the Mason Complex. The Athletic Training Room will be open two (2) hours prior to the start of any athletic event and 30 minutes after the last event.
Austin College – Mason Complex
900 North Grand Avenue, Suite 6A / Sherman, TX 75090
Directions to the Austin College Campus can be found below:
The following services/items will be provided for all visiting teams:
- A Certified Athletic Trainer will be present at all home events.
- Our athletic training room will be open two (2) hours prior to the start of any athletic event. All events will utilize the Austin College Athletic Training room located in the Northwest corner of the Mason Complex.
- Events that occur off campus, such as those hosted at Old Settlers Park, will have access to the Austin College Athletic Training Room. Please coordinate with the respective head coach to make arrangements for pre-game treatments & taping.
- Modalities available:
- Hydrocollator (Heat) packs, E-Stim, Ultrasound, Whirlpool
- We will provide the following at the respective athletic competition site:
- Water, ice, ice bags & wrap, splints, and crutches.
- Please bring your own water bottles.
- Towels for showering will NOT be supplied by the Athletic Training Staff.
- If a team will be traveling without Certified Athletic Trainer, we ask that you please notify us prior to the trip of any services they may need. Please provide the following:
- A letter with treatment protocol/parameters/taping requests
- Appropriate supplies for the taping needs of your student-athletes
- Treatments will be limited to ice bags, heat packs, preventative tape and first aid supplies in the event a letter is not provided.
- Our Team Physician will be on site for all football contests.
- An ambulance will be present for all football contests.
- In the event that emergency room transportation is needed we are ten (10) minutes from two (2) local hospitals.
- Texoma Medical Center
5016 S US Hwy 75
Directions: Take HWY 75 North to Exit 65. Hospital is located on the Right.
- Wilson N Jones Hospital
500 North Highland Avenue
Directions: From Campus: Take Brockett to Grand Ave, make a Right onto Grand Ave. to Houston St., make a Right onto Houston St. to Highland Ave., make a Right onto Highland Ave.
- TMC Urgent Care
3126 W FM 120
Denison, TX 75020
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Directions: HWY 75 North to Exit 69. Right onto FM120.
Below you will find our athletic training staff contact information. If you have any questions or concerns prior to your trip feel free to contact us at any time. Once again we look forward to meeting you and your staff and wish you a healthy and safe athletic season.
ATHLETIC TRAINING STAFF
Head Athletic Trainer
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Our goal is provide the student-athlete at Austin College with the best health care possible. Consistent with this goal, we aim to offer a health care system that is proactive in approach, reducing the risk of athletic injury for our student-athletes; provide easily accessible athletic training services that are responsive to the needs of the student-athlete; and facilitate injured student-athletes' safe return to participation in athletic competition.
We are deeply concerned with both the short-term and long-term effects of Division III intercollegiate competition on the physical and mental well-being of the student-athlete. The athletic training department is committed to providing quality health care to all varsity student-athletes, which begins with injury prevention. It is a priority to work with coaches, physicians, and the rest of the medical community to ensure that student-athletes are physically and mentally prepared for practice and competition. Additionally, the athletic training staff is responsible for the treatment and rehabilitation of all athletically related injuries. It is the staff’s goal to return the athlete to a level equal or above that of their pre-injury status; no athlete will return to play until his or her highest post-injury level of function has been achieved.
Our philosophy is consistent with that of the college; that the needs of the student-athlete will always be the first consideration for all members of the athletic training staff. The Austin College athletic training staff strives to be a program of excellence in sports medicine. We will comply with the recommendations and guidelines as established by the NCAA Sports Medicine Committee, the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference, and the National Athletic Trainers' Association.
- Pre-Participation Physical Form
- SWOL Instructions
- Copy of Insurance Card Example
- ADHD Reporting Form
- ADHD Guidelines
- Sickle Cell Fact Sheet
- Independent Medical Care