GEORGETOWN, TX – After a week of difficult weather forced the 'Roos off the practice courts, the Austin College Men's Tennis Team was hungry for some competition.
Southwestern University brought that competition and then some against AC, taking all three doubles in decisive fashion to start the match.
While the score was not indicative of the quality of matches, the Pirates used their home court advantage effectively and jumped on top of the 'Roos early, taking all 6 first sets in singles play.
But one Kangaroo stood alone and fought back against Southwestern. Erik Meendsen took the second set in his Line 2 singles premier before falling 6-1, 3-6, 7-5 in the end.
Austin College will look to improve against the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor later today in Belton, TX
Austin College 0, Southwestern University 9
March 7, 2015
Marvin D. Henderson, Sr. Tennis Courts
1. Niko Snovely (SWU) def. Cedric Ambulo (AC) 6-1, 6-1
2. Aninde Hall (SWU) def. Erik Meendsen (AC) 6-1, 3-6, 7-5
3. Nick Farmen (SWU) def. Preston Glasscock (AC) 6-1, 6-1
4. Grant Gideon (SWU) def. Jeff Kubena (AC) 6-2, 6-2
5. Neik Khansari (SWU) def. Daniel Oxenreiter (AC) 6-1, 6-1
6. David Strong (SWU) def. David Smith (AC) 6-3, 6-3
1. Snovely/Gideon (SWU) def. Ambulo/Meendsen (AC) 8-1
2. Ellis/Khansari (SWU) def. Kubena/Glasscock (AC) 8-2
3. Farmen/McCready (SWU) def. Morgan/Oxenreiter (AC) 8-3
Austin College: 0-2 (0-1)
Southwestern University: 6-0 (1-0)
Order of Finish: Doubles (3, 2, 1) Singles (1, 4, 3, 5, 2, 6)